- SYT 500 Yoga Alliance Professionals Advanced Yoga Teacher & Teacher Trainer Pro (trained with Frog Lotus Yoga International).
- Certified in Rod Stryker’s ParaYoga YTTs (Tantra Shakti, Yoga of Fulfilment, Vinyasa Krama), Ashtanga, Yin Yoga, Advanced Tantric Hatha, Pregnancy Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yoni Shakti Well Woman Yoga Therapy
- Studied with David Swenson, Seane Corn, Vidya Heisel, Rod Stryker, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Carlos Pomeda, Swami Pragyamurti, Edwin Bryant, David Sye, Dr Michael Geary, Bridget Woods Kramer, David Keil, Sally Parkes, Octavio Salvado, Ana Davis, Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- Advanced Reiki Practitioner & Ayurvedic Health Specialist
- Diplomas in Tantra, Ayurveda, Feng Shui, Vedic Astrology & Moonology
Louisa Craig, Yoga Trainer Pro, started up LouisaYoga in 2003 as a childrens and teens yoga teacher; she had been practicing yoga since the mid-90s and it became a passion that she wanted to share.
In 2006, Louisa qualified as an RYT200 adults yoga teacher with Frog Lotus Yoga International in the jungles of Costa Rica, She went on to train in advanced yoga teacher training in Mexico and in India, to complete her 500 hours as a senior yoga teacher.
Always a student, she has continued to train with top yoga teachers worldwide to this day. She is also trained as an advanced reiki practitioner, which she incorporates into her classes, and has diplomas in Tantra, Feng Shui, Ayurveda, Moonology & Astrology.
In 2016 Louisa’s Yoga School ‘LKY Yoga School’ was approved and accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals. In 2018, LKY Yoga School won the Fitness Award at the prestigious Trend – Life & Style Awards. Louisa has since gone on to train many successful yoga instructors, runs trainings and retreats Worldwide, and holds an annual Yoga Festival in her hometown of Aberdeen, Scotland (next one is 3rd Sept). She has written several articles which have been published, and featured in the August 2022 edition of Om Yoga Magazine as one of the top ten yoga teachers in the UK.
Louisa prides herself on the quality and calibre of her graduates. Becoming a yoga teacher is a life transformation and a personal process so she is on hand at every step of the way to provide her graduates and trainees with help, support and guidance. Louisa is approachable and accessible to all the needs of her students, trainees and graduates.
Louisa’s type of yoga is a hybrid of styles (vinyasa krama, kundalini, tantric hatha, yin, restorative, etc.) combining pranayama techniques and bandhas to concentrate & harness the prana (energy) in the body. Her aim is to release the things we hold on to and peel away our ‘layers’ to find a purer, happier version of ourselves. Classes are esoteric and light-hearted, weaving yogic philosophy into the experience. Louisa’s view is that the aim of asana is more than improved health, flexibility and strength; it is also used as a technique to balance the main forces that sustain the mind and the body. Asanas are used to transform the physical body, as well as, to unblock or remove the obstructions to healthy or balanced energy flow
Louisa runs drop-in yoga classes (suitable for all levels) during term times every Tuesday 6.30-7.30pm (costs £6) at Old Torry Community Centre, Yoga Workshops, Yoga Teacher Trainings in Aberdeen, Spain & Online, and Worldwide Yoga Retreats. Louisa also runs Wellbeing in the Workplace workshops for businesses, and specialised One-to-One Classes.